Saturday, September 18, 2010

Hello!

Hello everyone! I'm sorry for the delay in posts. I have been busy and exhausted. I am now down to 2.5 mlg of prednisone a day and it is really effecting my activity levels. I went to the store yesterday and bought vitamin B-12 for energy and another vitamin glucosamin for joint pain. It has been hurting to walk in my feet and knees lately. Not sure if that's a side effect of the prednisone or what??

I am visiting with my grandmother in Canyon Lake this weekend. She is finally starting to feel her age...90! I hate it for her because she has all the same aches and pains I do and her energy level has gone way down. Walking down the hall way is wearing her out. I have been trying to take care of her the best I can. We went to Red Lobster last night for dinner and met up with my cousin Natalie. That was nice, but grandma was having a dry eye issue and her saliva glands are not producing saliva so it was hard for her to eat the dinner she was very much craving.  She ended up bringing the whole meal home. She made us chocolate milk shakes. That was her dinner. She says she has not been eating very much lately so I am worried. I  will be in contact with her neighbor friend to constantly check in on her since she is unwilling to move where her family is closer and able to care for her. That's my grandma for you. Strong and stubborn. I don't blame her though. Her home is paid for. She and my grandfather both built and designed the home and she has lived here over 30 years. I would not want to leave my home and my memories either.

I would love to be able to buy the home after she passes just so we can keep the house in the family. We do have a ton of memories in this big house and it would make a great vacation home for our family members in the summer time. Its dream. With our economy the way it is, I don't know if I will ever be able to afford a home and now with alll the medical bills. OMG!! Hospitals are very expensive and I have been in 4 of them!! My suggestion to everyone.... Don't go to the hospital!! Just kidding. You know what I mean.

Tomorrow night I will be doing a fundraiser for Leukemia called Light the night. Its at Angel Stadium in Anaheim and the walk starts at 7pm. My mom made me a really pretty glass lantern with a leukemia ribbon and a butterfly on the front. She is very talented. I love her so much. she has gone above and beyond for me and so many other people struggling with Leukemia. I tell her thank you all the time, but it just does not seem like enough. Everyone has gone above and beyond for me and I can tell you all Thank you but I wish there was so much more I could do. I am extremely grateful to everyone and even people who have donated to NFT on my behalf that I don't even know. People who have just driven by a sign posted on a fence at some intersection. Wow!! you people are amazing!! Thank you soo much!!

Saw my Dr. at The City Of Hope on Thursday. He says I am looking really good and so is my health. My blood counts are good and I don't have any new sicknesses. I cant wait to get my immunity shots so i don't have to be so cautious around people. They will be available to me April 30th 2011. 1 year from my stem cell transplant. Last week I had to have an infusion of fluids through my vain for osteoporosis. They poked me 4 times in my right arm and could not get the needle in a vain so they moved to my left wrist and now I have this giant purple bruise on my wrist. I had a fall last week too. I was walking with my dad and my legs just stopped on me but my body kept going. I scraped my knee and have like 6 bruises on my legs. I look like someone beat me up. I consider them my conversation pieces!! LOL!

  • Ok, enough for now. I can keep going and going but Im sure if you wanted to read a novel you would just do so with a book of your choice. Who knows.. Maybe i will combine my blogs and my sisters and make a book. Ooooh that would be fun! Would you buy it??

1 comment:

  1. I think turning the blogs into a book would be a nice idea to consider. There are probably a lot of people out there who are going through a similar situation and could find strength and hope in what you have experienced! Good idea! =)

    ReplyDelete