Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wednesday January 12th, 2011

Well here I am...wide awake at 4:20am. This seems to be the new sleeping pattern I have given into. I will sleep again after I eat breakfast and take my morning pills. This is very routine since the pain I have from the side effects of my perscription pills causes me close to the same pain I was in before my diagnosis of Leukemia. I have to take a strong pain killer just so I can numb the pain enough to be able to have some kind of a life.

The doctor says the pain wont last forever but, he is putting me back on this drug called Sprycel which supposedly helps to keep the Leukemia from coming back. My problem with it is that the side effect of this pill is reumetoid arthritic pain in mostly all of my joints. This is something I am already dealing with even when Im not taking this Sprycel. My doctor keeps taking me off the Sprycel to try to give me a little bit of relief and 1 to 2 weeks later he will put me back on it again.

Doctor Parker wants me onthe Sprycel more today because during my last two visits my platelet counts have been very low. He cant figure out why so he has also requested another bone marrow biopsy for the 18th of this month. A bone marrow biopsy is when they go into a large bone, preferably to them its my hip bone. They then try to suck out any bone marrow. Since I have not had a biopsy since August of 2010 and I have been in remission, the doctors are hoping to find that the bone marrow in my bones has grown back and is still Leukemia free. If not, worst case sinario is its hard to pull any bone marrow and I am once again infected with the Leukemia. Then I would no longer be in remission and could possibly move back into the hospitol.

Im not sure as of yet what the treat ment would be for me if the Leukemia came back since I have already had all the radiation one human body can tollerate in this life time. Im assuming the doctors would give me another large dose of Chemo for a few days and might allow for my sister to donate her stem cells again once the chemo worked. The chemo would have to have had killed all of the Leukemia cells before they would start to reprep me for more blood stem cells. I would also have to be free of any illness and so would my sister as my stem cell donor.

To anyone who reads this blog:

 I would recomend that if you have any questions regarding Leukemia and Stem cells or anything else, please please feel free to ask me. I do not mind answering these questions. Maybe you can come up with a question I myself have not thought to ask yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment