Monday, September 6, 2010

Happy Labor Day!

I know i said I would be on top of this blog, but I have been laggin the last couple days while coming off of the prednisone. I have not been able to stay awake. The second I sit down i pass out. My mom said she had to keep adjusting my head and neck so I wouldnt get a krick because I was sitting up in a chair.

Yesterday We spent most of the day looking at new furniture for the house. So once its ready to move into we can have everything ready to go. The rebuild from the fire has been a slow process but progress is looking good and my mom will finally have the kitchen of her dreams.

Im going for a park like setting in my room. I picked out some light greens for the walls and will decorate with flowers and butterflys. I picked all my furniture from IKEA. they have some pretty neat stuff. My headboard kind of reminds me of a park bench which inspired me to want to do an outside park theme to my room. Im so excited to decorate it. I found this really cool light at IKEA that looks like a tree with branches and bulbs. It is beautiful and will go perfectly in my room with the park theme. Im also going to be adding some blues and browns and yellows with a little bit of pink florals to add that girly feel.

I will probably be living with my parents for atleast another year or two until the doctor says its ok for me to on my own again. This works in my favor because now i have the opportunity to save money to eventually buy my home. Im thinking something small that I can fix up. Im not to sure of a location to move to yet. Mom does not want me to move to far. She needs me close. Completely understandable.

I go to the doctor again tomorrow. My Dr. is brazilian and visiting family in Reo so I will be seeing his partner Dr. Stein who is hillarious. I love my Doctors at The City Of Hope. They are very Knowlegable and eager to make you as comfortable as possible. Dr. Stein bought some of those toning sketchers to walk around the hospitol in and he said he was toning his butt. So funny!!

Sometime next week I will also be up for another spinal tap. They are very painful. I have to lay on a cold metal table with a pillow under my head and one under my tummy while they stick a spicket of sorts in my spine and drain clear fluid. They check the clear fluid for Leukemia and then they ad chemo therepy drugs to that. this is to prevent me from getting Leukemia in my brain. I have to have 2 more Lumbar Punctures before April 30,2011. This is the date that I will be getting all of my immunity shots since I am no longer immune to any kind of infectious diseases.

I try not to let these downfalls hold me back from life these days. I have to take it one day at a time. One thing i have learned is that life is too short and you never know what tomorrow will bring. live life to the fullest even if others think you are crazy. On Sept 12th I plan on going on a wine tasting adventure with a bunch of friendes to Temecula. If you are interested please comment and get details from me so we can alll meet up. We normally wine taste then eat to kill any buzz we may have gotten. That way we are not drunk driving. Most of the wineries have restaraunts on site with an affordable menu and great views.

Sept 19th is The Light The Night for Leukemia Patience. Its being held at Angel Stadium. Please come and show your support.

Ok, enough blabbing for now. please send me your comments. I love hearing from everyone and will answer any questions you have. Nothing makes me uncomfortable so dont be affraid to ask me anything.

Talk to you all soon.


Dawn

2 comments:

  1. Please share your comments and subscribe as a member to my new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dawny! Wish I could go look at the beautiful winery view with you! Miss you so much! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete